Everything is Better Homemade, Including Cream-Filled Cupcakes

 


I used to like commercial-made cream-filled cupcakes. Now I don’t because they taste artificial. There are, like, so many chemicals in them. I won’t even eat Twinkies anymore because of that.

Anyway, I have baked homemade cream-filled cupcakes in the past. They didn’t turn out as well as the most recent time. That was when I went to a New Years Eve party this past winter. That is why the cupcakes say 19 or 2019.

The writing there was done with commercial icing. However, the ganache on the tops was cooked from scratch. Some of the cakes were made from scratch too. But the others came from a boxed mix. Why, you may ask? I ran out of the homemade batter. So, I bought a boxed mix.

Regardless of what I said in the title, the boxed mix kind of tasted better. Don’t worry, the filling was also created from scratch. It had marshmallow crème. That was probably a crucial ingredient for the texture.

These cupcakes turned out to be popular at the party. Not like crazy, but people enjoyed them, including myself.

Now how did I fill them? Well, technically, you’re supposed to squeeze them into the bottoms from a pastry bag. But I didn’t have that patience. So, I scooped up the tops, spooned the filling in, removed the bottom halves of the parts I pulled out, and put the tops back on. Then I frosted them with the ganache and wrote on them with the icing.

There you have it. Do you love cream-filled cupcakes? I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Delicious Homemade Brownies Ever…it’s a Miracle!

Perfect Brownies from Scratch: They’re So Hard to Make as Good as the Boxed Mixes