When I Made White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

 



During quarantine, I missed a lot of my favorite commercial foods. One of those included white chocolate raspberry cheesecake from the Barnes & Noble café. It was super-delicious—both that and the one I made.

There is a lot involved, though. You have to make raspberry preserves, crush Oreos and bake them as a crust, and melt white chocolate as well as prepare the actual cheesecake.

While this particular “error” worked out in the end, I melted white chocolate chips instead of using the special kind the recipe recommended since I did not have it. However, that substitute was technically incorrect, and would have messed up the final creation. Luckily, though, my mom taught me a trick to avoid a bad cheesecake. That was to add milk to the white chocolate, but a little at a time. And guess what? It resulted in a great dessert. I would eat the cheesecake pretty much every day.

Aside from the white chocolate thing, the raspberry preserves, Oreos, and cheesecake were no problems preparing. Like many, I stress-baked when pretty much nothing was open. I’ve baked a lot less these days. However, I did make rainbow cupcakes from scratch recently. But I might save that for another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Delicious Homemade Brownies Ever…it’s a Miracle!

Everything is Better Homemade, Including Cream-Filled Cupcakes

Perfect Brownies from Scratch: They’re So Hard to Make as Good as the Boxed Mixes